Wednesday, April 13, 2011

water: "Jog, Fwog, Jog!"

Will, my daily five year old responsibility, is in Kindergarten, and is learning how to read. So, after school (PM classes) everyday, we have reading time. Sometimes it is school assigned, and sometimes it is Dayna assigned. Either way, it is an entertaining adventure. 

Yesterday, it was "Jog, Fwog, Jog!". (Translated "Jog, Frog, Jog!" for all of you that CAN pronounce your "r's"). At one point in the midst of reading time, I tell Will to NOT look at the pictures and guess the words, but to sound them out. His response? 

"Oh! THAT'S why they call this a "weading" book!"


Being with Will so many hours a day, makes John and I both wonder what our children will be like. Will they look just like us (Will is the spitting image of his mother)? Will they have a ton of energy or be content "weading" a book? Will they be carrying on intellectually stimulating conversations at three? We often joke that our children will be wearing tie-dye and flip flops, with dreadlocks in their hair at the impressionable age of four. 



Which then always throws our conversations back to when WE were children. Oh, the memories...

Sitting on Dad's lap while he read "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut". 
With his eyes shut. 

I shall never forget those inspirational words...


So with that in mind, I am going to go grab my new novel, lounge on the couch with my coffee in hand, cuddle with my puppy, and have a little "weading" time...

No comments:

Post a Comment