Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"Artistic Tuesday"

One of the things I love about my husband is that when he says he is going to do something, he does it. That may seem to be a trivial, minute observation or cause to love someone, but in this day and age that is something to be proud of. So many people say they are going to do something and then it never gets done.

John has deemed Tuesday to be "Artistic Tuesday". His goal is to express himself in a creative way on Tuesdays. Not that the other six days of the week are to be artistically neglected, but Tuesday is his day off and as far as goals go, consciously making an effort to let your creative juices take control is what he has set out to do. Today is Tuesday. He went on a photographic adventure in the park and then came home to refurbish an old cabinet that is now loudly and proudly displayed in my kitchen.





Tuesday is also piano lesson day. I teach an eight year old every Tuesday evening, and every Tuesday evening I am amazed at the progress she has made since her last lesson. As a somewhat vocal piano teacher I have come into contact with all sorts of people who express a sentiment of "I wish I knew how to play the piano". My response is very simply, "you can".

If there is something you wish to do, do it.

Honestly, it is as simple as that.

If you are sitting at your computer, I am assuming that your fingers work. If you are reading this, I am assuming that you know your alphabet. By drawing a simple logical conclusion based off the previous two assumptions then I am also assuming you can count. Those basic necessities are all you need to learn how to play piano.

What do you wish to do? Take a moment and think of what is holding you back. Is it fear of the unknown or of failure? Is it time? There are hundreds- no, thousands- of excuses for every wish that you wish to come true. It will not happen on its own. Make your mind up to do something and do it.

I wish you passion, drive, focus and commitment to your next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment